Sunday, August 23, 2009

SFD tasks




From the last post and after my first meeting in SFD(Software Freedom Day).
I was assigned to do three tasks : publicity,registration and study groups.
In the past week, publicity team (and me) were asked to write a press release about the event.
We didn't know what is that ,so we start searching , writing and sharing ideas with each other,
I liked working with them .Finally we have done the press release in both Arabic and English.

Then everyone were asked to contact sites and blogs to spread the event.
I have contact 5 sites and i get replied from 4 of them until now two sites have published the event
you can check it here and here.

Yesterday, I had my second meeting to discuss what left to do.
The meeting carried bad news about fund raising but we came out with a plan to hold the event.
Many professional speakers will give presentations in our event like :
  • Ahmed Mekkawy (Free Software) eSpace Technologies : Solutions Team Leader for a team of Gnu/Linux administrators.
  • Mohamed Hussein Sayed Technical at Yahoo! inc. and Consultant at SkyFire Labs.
Many contests and study groups will be held,so come and join us.
To regist here,there will be wards for who regist first.

No comments:

Post a Comment